Browsing:

Tag: 上海楼凤MZ

Gor to face Espérance in Champions League first round

first_imgGor now has a mountain task in handling Espérance who have been a hard nut to crack with the last time the two sides met seeing the North Africans thrashing the record 16 time KPL champions 8-2 on aggregate.Esperance de TunisEsperance had earlier dumped out ASAC Concorde of Mauritius with an emphatic 6-1 aggregate win.K’Ogalo will host the first leg between March 6-7 before travelling to Tunis for the return leg a week later.The winner between Gor and Esperance will grace the lucrative group stages – with the draw set for March 21.-Gor too sweet for Vegetarios-Gor Mahia defender Wellington Ochieng in action against Vegetarinos. Photo/RAYMOND MAKHAYAGor coach Dylan Kerr made eight changes from the team that beat Zoo Kericho 4-2 in a Kenyan Premier League match on Thursday last week with Boniface Oluoch returning to man the post as captain Harun Shakava partnered Joash Onyango in central defence.Wesley Onguso, Meddie Kagere and Shakava were the only faces that featured against Zoo while Ernest Wendo and Humphrey Mieno resumed their midfield roles.Godfrey Walusimbi started on the flanks alongside Francis Kahata with Kevin ‘Ade’ Omondi – who scored in the 2-0 first leg win in Machakos – playing behind lead striker Kagere.Gor Mahia’s Kevin Omondi in action against Leones Vegetarianos’ Jesus Tomasosngong during the first leg of the 2018 CAF Champions League played at the Machakos Stadium on 10th February 2018. Photo/RAYMOND MAKHAYAAfter a cagey start, Gor settled in the match towards the end of the first half which ended goalless.Leones took the lead in the 55th minute and pushed for another goal which would have taken the match to penalties.But Gor levelled after Francis Kahata’s corner was redirected into the net by a Vegetarianos player, making matters harder for the hosts as they now required to score three unanswered goal to progress.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Gor Mahia players jostle for space with Leones Vegetarianos. Photo/RAYMOND MAKHAYANAIROBI, Kenya, Feb 21 – Kenyan Premier League champions Gor Mahia will take on Espérance de Tunis in the first round of the CAF Champions League after eliminating Equatorial Guinea side Leones Vegetarianos 3-1 on aggregate in the preliminary stage.This is after K’Ogalo rallied a goal down to hold Vegetarianos 1-1 in the return leg played away in Malabo on Wednesday. The first leg staged in Machakos’ Kenyatta Stadium 10 days ago, ended 2-0 in favour of the Kenyan champions.last_img read more


Hope of discovering survivors fades in Indonesian temblor

first_imgJAMPRIP, Indonesia – Rescuers said today that hopes were waning of finding more survivors from a devastating earthquake that killed more than 5,400 people in central Indonesia. The bleak assessment from the head of Malyasia’s rescue team came as homeless survivors living in rice fields and makeshift shacks begged for food and water. Soldiers on Monday began delivering bags of rice to village chiefs in the mountainous quake zone on the island of Java, but survivors called the aid meager and slow. The United Nations planned a global appeal, saying relief money was running low. “We have 300 families in this village and have only gotten two sacks of rice,” said Lastri, 27, holding a 5-month-old. “It’s not enough.” AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORE11 theater productions to see in Southern California this week, Dec. 27-Jan. 2Indonesia’s Social Affairs Ministry today raised the death toll to 5,427. The head of an emergency response team from Malaysia said it didn’t expect to find any more survivors or bodies under the rubble. “The collapsed homes were all so small that anyone who was trapped would have been extracted by their family members,” said Superintendent Abdul Aziz Ahmad. He said his team had only found one body on Monday. Thousands of people including children and the elderly lined main roads in the area of Saturday’s magnitude-6.3 quake, holding out whatever containers they could find to hold donations to buy rice, oil and candles. “Please give me something, I’m hungry,” 7-year-old Sari told passing drivers, standing beside a group of children carrying banners that read “We have not gotten any aid” and “Help us.” A plane chartered by the U.N. children’s agency touched down near the disaster area, and the United States, which pledged $2.5 million, said 100 military doctors and nurses were en route with surgical, dental and other equipment. But rough roads in mountainous central Java and new cracks in the runway at the region’s main airport hampered delivery efforts. In Jamprip, a village of 300 families, Edi Sutrisno, 37, helped unload aid from a military truck – two bags of rice, nine boxes of dried noodles and two boxes of bottled water. “It’s the first we’ve gotten since the quake,” he said. “Of course it’s not enough for all of us, not even for a day.” A group of teenagers raced up to a slowing truck and managed to steal supplies off the back, but their excitement was short-lived. “I thought it was food, but it was just soap and toothbrushes,” said Andi Marwanto, 16. The government said an estimated 200,000 people were homeless, most living in improvised shacks close to their former homes or in shelters erected in rice fields. Hospitals overflowed with bloodied survivors. Power was still out in much of the quake region, which covers hundreds of square miles. Compounding the devastation were fears of an eruption of nearby Mount Merapi, which has been belching gas and lava for weeks, and a scientist said its volcanic activity had increased threefold since the quake. Lava and hot clouds of gas were avalanching 2 miles down the volcano’s slopes Monday, said volcanologist Subandriyo, who like many Indonesians uses only one name. President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono visited refugees Monday and acknowledged a “lack of coordination” in aid distribution. He urged government officials to be “more agile.” “I saw in many areas that there are many things that need to be speeded up,” said Yudhoyono, who moved his office to the ancient city of Yogyakarta to supervise relief operations. A UNICEF plane loaded with water, tents, stoves and cooking sets arrived Monday in Solo, a city about three hours’ drive from the hardest-hit district of Bantul. On Sunday, three U.N. trucks brought high-energy biscuits to survivors and two Singapore military cargo planes arrived with doctors and medical supplies. Some 22 countries have contributed or pledged assistance, the U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs said in Geneva.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more


LETTERKENNY GENERAL A&E ‘IN DANGER’ SAY SINN FEIN TDs

first_imgA LACK of junior doctors at Letterkenny General could cause a crisis there within days, the county’s two TDs said today. In a joint statement, Donegal Sinn Féin TDs, Pearse Doherty and Pádraig Mac Lochlainn have appealed to the Minister for Health, James Reilly to urgently intervene and ensure that additional Non Consultant Hospital Doctors (NCHDs or Junior Doctors) are immediately appointed to the county’s main hospital.The Donegal Deputies said that it is their understanding that unless there is an immediate solution, the Accident and Emergency Department may be in danger of downgrading. Deputy Pearse Doherty said: “I challenged the Taoiseach and Minister for Health in the Dáil to publicly state what are the small rural hospitals that the Minister is referring to when he states that some will not be able to operate safely as a 24 hour A&E service as a result of the shortage of junior doctors.“The Minister refused to answer my question and indeed the persistent questioning by the Sinn Féin team over the last number of weeks on this issue”.He went on: “It is our understanding that the services of Letterkenny General Hospital will be seriously impacted as a result of the lack of junior doctors and in particular within the A&E Department.“Unless there is an immediate solution to this problem, the people of Donegal will have to endure a serious curtailment of services across a number of departments with a clear emphasis on A&E. “The Minister has already signalled that a number of hospitals will not be able to deliver a safe 24 hour accident and emergency service during the summer.”GUARANTEE NEEDED IN DAILThe TDs said their focus is to ensure that Letterkenny General is not one of the hospitals that he refers to.Said Padraig MacLochlainn: “We will be raising this yet again today in the Dáil chamber. The Minister must now make a clear statement on this matter which alleviates the concerns of the people of Donegal”This is the latest controversy surrounding the hospital which has been overspending by up to a quarter of a millon euros every week. TELL US YOUR VIEW….LEAVE A COMMENT BELOWLETTERKENNY GENERAL A&E ‘IN DANGER’ SAY SINN FEIN TDs was last modified: June 30th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:donegaldaily.comLetterkenny General HospitalPadraig MacLochlainn TDPearse Doherty TDSinn Feinlast_img read more