Browsing:

Tag: 爱上海DN

New York moves forward with plans to install 3GW of battery storage

first_imgNew York moves forward with plans to install 3GW of battery storage FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Utility Dive:The New York State Energy and Research Development Authority (NYSERDA) on Monday filed its energy storage implementation plan, which aims to incentivize deployments and help the state meet its 3 GW by 2030 target.The plan targets retail and bulk market storage incentives, allocating $130 million and $150 million toward growth in those sectors, respectively, and proposing the remaining $70 million of a $350 million fund be allocated toward “opportunities that have the greatest potential to build a self-sustaining storage market.”NYSERDA’s filing is “an enormously positive step” in the state’s deployment goals, Bill Acker, executive director of New York Battery and Energy Storage Technology Consortium (NY-BEST), told Utility Dive. It will advance New York’s goal to reduce greenhouse gas emissions 40% by 2030 and shift to 100% carbon-free electricity by 2040, he said.The plans follow Gov. Cuomo’s announcement earlier this month of new emissions regulations aimed at phasing out less efficient power plants and encouraging plant owners to replace the lost capacity with battery storage or other clean energy options. Along with the storage target, the state also wants to add 9,000 MW of offshore wind by 2035 and 6,000 MW of distributed solar by 2025.Under NYSERDA’s plan, “incentives are offered at a fixed amount per AC kWh of usable storage capacity.” Retail incentives can be applied to standalone or paired storage projects of 5 MW or less, considered on a first-come, first-serve basis, starting at $350/kWh and winding down as each funding block is filled.More: NYSERDA targets retail and bulk storage incentives as state aims for 3 GW by 2030last_img read more


Hart must fight for the gloves

first_img “The goalkeeper and the other positions of the team are exactly the same. “Joe finished last season playing very well. We’ll see next Sunday which 11 starts against Newcastle (in next Sunday’s Premier League opener).” City had four Englishmen on the bench, including Hart, but none in the starting XI. Nationality will not come into Pellegrini’s thinking during the season. He said: “It doesn’t matter if they’re English players, American players, Spanish players. For me it’s exactly the same. “In every competition we play I’ll play the team that I think is best to win that game.” Pellegrini says he has little time to prepare his side for next week’s Premier League-opening trip to Newcastle, with numerous players having only recently returned following World Cup duty. He said: “We have seven players who have just worked for five days. They were not considered for this game. Press Association Joe Hart faces a fight to convince Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini he should be the English champions’ first-choice goalkeeper this season after Willy Caballero was preferred in the Community Shield loss to Arsenal. “We have another five players who have just worked for eight or nine days. “It’s difficult to be ready in two weeks. Aguero, (Pablo) Zabaleta, (Martin) Demichelis, Kompany, (Bacary) Sagna, Fernandino just arrived seven days ago. They started working on Monday. “They will have 15 days before we start the Premier League so we’ll see during the week which of them are ready and which of them are not ready.” Captain Vincent Kompany was also watching from the stands – alongside Frank Lampard following his loan signing from New York City FC – as the fringe players did little to impress. Santi Cazorla, Aaron Ramsey and Olivier Giroud were on target as the Gunners sauntered to a second Wembley win in 85 days and a second trophy after May’s FA Cup defeat of Hull ended a nine-year drought. Pellegrini was encouraged by the second-half showing after a poor first 45 minutes. He said: “We had two different faces. First half we didn’t play with the pace we did the whole pre-season and Arsenal scored two goals because we didn’t defend very well. “The second half we played well, with possession of the ball, we had chances to score. It was really near to the team that I saw in pre-season. “It is always bad to lose, but we don’t need to worry.” Pellegrini could soon add to his defensive options, revealing France defender Eliaquim Mangala is close to a move from Porto. Pellegrini told BT Sport: “Some papers are maybe missing but we continue having interest in the player, he wants to come so we will see what happens in the week.” Hart, who was dropped by Pellegrini midway through last season following a string of high-profile errors, was an unused substitute at Wembley, with the City boss afterwards refusing to offer any guarantees over places. “All the 22 players that we have in our squad must demonstrate who is number one in all the positions,” Pellegrini said. last_img read more


#GUSA2020: GIJ record first victory after 2-1 win over GIMPA

first_imgGhana Institute of Journalism (GIJ) has recorded its first win in the ongoing Ghana Universities Sports Association (GUSA) Games after 2-1 victory over Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA).Photo Credit: Osei Bernard EsarIn a game dubbed “Match of the debutants”, it was GIJ who came up top with a solid second-half performance.Nii Adjei gave GIJ the lead in the second half to get their fans excited.Ghana Institute of Journalism doubled their advantage via beautifully taken free kick by the captain of the side, Hussein Abdul Ganiyu.The midfielder lobbed the ball beyond the defensive block and straight beyond the GIMPA goalkeeper who had no chance of parring the ball wide.A goalkeeping error made GIMPA pull one back in the last 10 minutes of the game.The win gives Ghana Institute of Journalism 5 points from five games and they are 7th on the league standings in the 2020 GUSA Games.GIJ will next play the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) on Tuesday, 14th January 2020 and GIMPA will face the same opponent on Monday, 13th January 2020.Images from the game:The Rectors of GIMPA (Left) and GIJ (Right) – Photo Credit: Osei Bernard EsarPhoto Credit: Osei Bernard EsarPhoto Credit: Osei Bernard EsarPhoto Credit: Osei Bernard EsarPhoto Credit: Osei Bernard EsarPhoto Credit: Osei Bernard EsarPhoto Credit: Osei Bernard EsarPhoto Credit: Osei Bernard Esarlast_img read more


Raging Buffon’s crazy Champions League farewell

first_img0Shares0000Gianluigi Buffon raged at English referee Michael Oliver and was sent off after he awarded the late penalty that out Real Madrid into the semi-finals of the Champions League © AFP/File / OSCAR DEL POZOTURIN, Italy, Apr 12 – Gianluigi Buffon’s Champions League career came to a bitter end on a crazy night with the Juventus legend sent off in Madrid and then accusing the referee of having “a rubbish bin instead of a heart”.The veteran goalkeeper’s frustration spilled over at the Santiago Bernabeu after Juventus beat Real Madrid 3-1 on the night, but were eliminated 4-3 on aggregate in the quarter-final after English referee Michael Oliver awarded the Spaniards a contested 97th-minute penalty. “In place of a heart he has a rubbish bin,” raged 40-year-old Buffon after Oliver pointed to the spot for Mehdi Benatia’s challenge on Lucas Vazquez in the dying minutes.Buffon was given his first ever red card in 117 Champions League games and after Wojciech Szczesny had taken his place in the Juventus goal, Cristiano Ronaldo coolly slotted home the spot kick to put defending champions Real Madrid through to the semi-finals.“You have to be a murderer to make the last two decisions the referee made,” Buffon, the Juve captain, said later.“You cannot ruin the dreams of a team. I could’ve told the referee anything at that moment, but he had to understand the degree of the disaster he was creating,” he continued.“If you can’t handle the pressure and have the courage to make a decision, then you should just sit in the stands and eat your crisps.”It was another blow for the charismatic 2006 World Cup winner who was reduced to tears after Italy dramatically failed to qualify for the global showpiece in November’s playoffs.Juventus have finished runners-up twice in the Champions League in the past three years and Wednesday’s defeat was probably Buffon’s last chance to continue his bid for the only major title missing from his collection.“I’m not here to judge what the referee saw, because it was a borderline incident,” he said, continuing his diatribe.“All I’ll say is that you can’t be that cynical in the 93rd minute, to shatter the dreams of a team that had given everything it had to give.“I’ve always found it an honour to go up against this team and this club in front of this crowd, but tonight we deserved extra time at the very least.”Juventus president Andrea Agnelli said he could understand Buffon’s fury and called for the introduction of the use of VAR in the Champions League — it is already used in the Serie A in Italy.“The referee did not understand anything, and tonight the least happy person of all should be him,” said Agnelli.Benatia, whose challenge led to the penalty, said: “It’s unbelievable that our captain isn’t allowed to speak to the referee -– the red card was very harsh.”– ‘Stolen dream’ –Before he saw red, Gianluigi Buffon celebrated Juventus’ third goal scored by Blaise Matuidi that put them on level terms with Real Madrid on aggregate © AFP / JAVIER SORIANOBuffon’s dismissal generated a storm back home with Turin daily La Stampa lamenting “the beauty of football, and its cruelty”.“(The penalty) ruined everything, including Buffon’s farewell to the Champions League. The dream was stolen, the achievement cannot be reached. It hurts to go out like this.”“It hurts badly, very badly,” agreed Italian daily Corriere della Sera. “Juventus deserved more, much more, at least extra-time.”“The rage and the pride,” headlined Gazzetta dello Sport of “a night of regrets”.“Every referee knows that there are times when whistling has a different weight, and therefore only the most obvious fouls are punished,” wrote Gazzetta dello Sport, claiming that Oliver “was not up to the challenge”.Tuttosport, a paper based in Juventus’ home city of Turin, said it was “an undeserved ending — just as Buffon doesn’t deserve to end his career in Europe with a red card.”After the frustration, Buffon — who had said this season would be his final one — must turn his attention to winning a seventh straight Serie A title with Juventus, and completing the double with the Italian Cup.Next up is a Serie A game against Sampdoria on Sunday with a potential title decider against Napoli on April 22, and the Italian Cup final against AC Milan on May 9.And there remains another record which could prove a lure for Buffon to continue his club career — Paolo Maldini’s record for Serie A appearances.Buffon has played 635 times in Italy’s top flight, but with seven games remaining this season he would fall short of former AC Milan defender Maldini’s record of 647.0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more